For most people being mentally healthy means being up, alive and happy. For they know that mental health needs taking care equally as the body does. Going on being in the midst of thousands of thoughts crossing the mind every day and different shades of emotions coloring one’s mood, all the while being exposed to numerous stimuli from the external environment how can the human being keep his or her mind clear, healthy and in well order?
Here are the 5 things they do which bring them the “mental wellness”:
- Attention and mindfulness: The typical practice is taking 3 minutes of pause every day to review their actions, choices and reactions.
- Seeing the good: They spend effort to see the good in whatever happens and with whoever it happens to be such that it becomes a daily exercise for their mental wellness.
- Self-compassion: They regard themselves with compassion, aware of their shortcomings they know they are not perfect and they are willing to forgive themselves.
- Physical well-being: As one takes care of his body, it gives way to take care of the mind and the soul as well as reducing the stress and depression levels.
- Altruism: They help others. Consequently, they become happier and such kind of happiness lasts longer. They live longer.
April 25, 2017
Psychology Today, March 2017.